Welcome to the special JCK Las Vegas edition of the JCK Insider! This editorially curated community newsletter breaks down the latest event news, trends, education, social and travel information in an easy to skim format. Read it here first and consider yourself a true insider.
If you have any questions reach out to any of our JCK Insiders. We'd love to hear from you!
Here Comes the Style
A Bridal sneak peek from JCK Las Vegas
A compelling selection of bridal jewelry is a major priority in nearly every retail store, composed of both classic mainstays (such as the solitaire engagement ring), in-demand contemporary styles (think rose gold and diamond halos), and modern takes on the traditional (an aquamarine engagement ring and other alternative variations). A tall order to fill for sure –but the Bridal neighborhood of JCK Las Vegas has that handled. Featuring your favorite and familiar brands mixed in with some new and exciting names, this is your destination for all things engagement, wedding, and more. There's going to be so much to explore when you get there, but until you do, here's a sneak peek of what to expect.
View Britt's Bridal Sneak Peek Here>>
Press Play Now for an Easier JCK Las Vegas Experience Later
Press play now for an easier JCK Las Vegas experience later: Must-See Video for those #JCKBound! Due to renovations of Mandalay Bay, the show floor at JCK Las Vegas has changed so it's essential to plan ahead. Watch this brief video and get a walk-through of the new show floor layout, must-see new areas and valuable tips!
Insider tip: Download the JCK Mobile app, sponsored by Simplex to have the entire show in the palm of your hands:
- Search and save exhibitors and products
- Navigate anywhere on the show floor using Bluetooth ®
- View special events, with time and locations
- View personalized product and company recommendations
Download JCK Mobile today at jckmobile.com or:
Solutions for Your Store
JCK Talks is getting down to business on Thursday, June 2 (one day before the JCK Las Vegas show floor opens) with topics including: Lab-Grown Diamonds: Threat or Opportunity (or Both?) Moderated by JCK's Rob Bates with an insider panelist including: Stanley Zale, Stuller; Jack Gabriel, Gabriel & Co.; Maarten de Witte, Diamond Foundry; Dr. James Shigley, GIA; and Jean-Marc Lieberherr, Diamond Producers Association.
Join this insider panel on Thursday, June 2 at 1:15 pm in Tradewinds C/D.
See the full details here>>
5 Reasons JCK Las Vegas 2016 Will Be the Best Yet
Brittany Siminitz's 5 Reasons JCK Las Vegas 2016 Will Be the Best Yet.
With less than three weeks left until showtime, JCK Las Vegas 2016 is ramping up to be one exciting show. The hardworking team at JCK Events has just released a list of very compelling reasons why no one is going to want to miss this event–and if you haven't made plans to attend, I'm guessing you will start packing your suitcase after reading the top five below.
Increased attendance. Buyer registration is up across the board for JCK this year, with more than 23,000 of them estimated to attend. And those are just the buyers!
- Impressive list of jewelry designers and brands. JCK is welcoming a roster of powerhouse names to both LUXURY and JCK Las Vegas this year, including the incomparable Erica Courtney, Clara Williams, and Saint Honore Paris, and expanded show floor presences the likes of Swarovski, Stuller, and Rio Tinto. This in addition to the even bigger LUXURY show space and exhibitor lineup–including Prestige–and the new LUXURY Watch, which will welcome fine brands such as Bremont, Carl F. Bucherer, Frederique Constant, Movado, and others. And to top it all off, the always-exciting roster of JCK Rising Stars awaits discovery in JCK's Design Center, featuring 21 names (more than double any previous year), and a cool Kickstarter area where design students can show off (and dazzle). For the entire show lineup, visit here.
- New buyer-friendly floor plan. The newly refreshed floor plan, featuring neatly designated "neighborhoods" promises to make it easier than ever before for attendees to shop. In addition, the new main entrance from the Mandalay Bay Convention Center parking lot–complete with shuttle bus drop-off area–makes getting where you need to go a piece of cake.
- Can't-miss speakers and panelists. Revered editors and tastemakers of the industry are featured for a series of talks and panel discussions this year, including editors from Glamour, The Zoe Report, OliviaPalermo.com, and jewelry blog Gemologue. Hollywood costume designers Lyn Paolo of ABC's Scandal, Lauren Bott of Fox's Scream Queens, and Ann Foley of ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will also be there to entertain, enlighten, and empower audiences. The 2016 JCK Talks series, beginning June 2, will tackle educational topics including "Lab-Grown Diamonds: Threat or Opportunity (or Both?)" with a panel composed of Stuller's Stanley Zale, Gabriel & Co.'s Jack Gabriel, Diamond Foundry's Maarten de Witte, GIA's Dr. James Shigley, and Diamond Producers Association's Jean-Marc Lieberherr. On June 5, The NPD Group's chief industry analyst Marshal Cohen will discuss "Diamond Dynamics and the Consumer Experience." For the complete JCK Talks schedule, visit here.
- Events to remember. Would it be JCK Las Vegas without a list of memorable events? Certainly not. This year's itinerary boasts a star-studded welcome party and fashion show hosted by Tous and the Evening of Design, a fashion fete honoring the talents of the Design Center, and the event to end all events, JCK Rocks the Beach. This year, everyone's favorite sandy concert soiree will be brought to life by the sounds of Train, the San Francisco band responsible for getting songs like "Marry Me" and "50 Ways to Say Goodbye" stuck in your head. For the full JCK Las Vegas events schedule, visit here.
JCK Las Vegas will take place at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino June 3–6, LUXURY by JCK will begin on May 31 as invitation-only and will open to all on June 3. For more information on show dates, schedules, and for the full exhibitor lineup, visit lasvegas.jckonline.com and luxury.jckonline.com.
Top: Erica Courtney Orchid ring in 18k gold with 2.15 ct. fire opal and 0.68 ct. t.w. diamonds; $12,000
Solutions for Your Store Pt. 2
Continue your afternoon (Thursday, June 2) discovering Solutions for Your Store in Tradewinds E/F at 3:15 pm during LGBT Community: How to Merchandise and Market your Store to Attract New Customers. Join Wedding Wire's Director of Marketing Insights, Andy Whittaker; Founder of HowHeAsked.com and recently launched HowSheAsked.com, Stacy Stahl; and Greg Brossia, Publisher of OUT Magazine as they share insights about how to attract LGBT consumer to your store moderated by JCK's Mark Smelzer.
See the full details here>>