Safety, Security & Wellness Information & Policies
Updated as of December 27, 2022
The safety, security, health and wellness of our staff, partners and customers is our priority at JCK and all RX Events.
We work closely with the venue, our security vendors, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities, and public health officials/advisors to identify risks, assess them, and develop safety and security plans for each event. The policies and procedures on this page apply to every “participant” in any RX event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else who participates in the event in any way.
Every event participant should be aware of the following procedures at our events:
- Security staff may approach you outside the event, at entry or inside the event in order to assist
- You are required to wear the event ID badges/credentials provided to you
- Security safeguarding measures and operational plans are in place at our events, including
- Badge/ticket verification
- Physical screening/bag checks
- Monitored and recorded security surveillance/CCTV
- Uniformed and covert security guards
- Crowd management/stewards, signage and barriers, as necessary
- Security measures may include:
- Walkthrough or handheld scanners
- Uniformed and covert police
- Canine Security and Detection
Every event participant is requested to:
- Leave appropriate time to comply with entry requirements and remain patient and courteous while undertaking security checks
- Monitor your health in accordance with the health and safety acknowledgement
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended. RX and the event are not responsible for lost or missing property
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to a member of security or event staff
- Always carry a recognized form of photo ID
- Comply with all event policies, signage and the instructions of event staff. Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event
- Please be aware of and respect the personal boundaries of your fellow participants so that everyone can enjoy their time at the event
- On your final visit to the event, dispose of your badge inside the event or after you have returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event
RX strives to create and maintain an environment where all people are treated with dignity, decency, and respect. As such, we expect every “participant” in any RX event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else who participates in any way, to behave appropriately throughout the year in accordance with this Code of Conduct.
Please be aware of and respect the personal boundaries of your fellow participants so that everyone can enjoy their time at the event.
RX has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind including, but not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of presentations and other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
- sexually explicit, suggestive and/or provocative behavior or signage
- hate symbols
in relation to, but not limited to:
- national origin
- gender identity
- gender presentation
- sexual orientation
- marital status
- body size
If a person engages in behavior in violation of this Code of Conduct at any time, RX will take prompt action in any form deemed appropriate, including expulsion from the event with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE participating in an RX event. ALL participants are subject to this Code of Conduct.
Please note that anyone can report harassment to event staff/security at any time. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness harassment happening to someone else, you should immediately contact event staff/security. If necessary, security or event staff will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment.
The RX event policies and procedures apply to every “participant” in any RX event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else participating in any way. Each participant is solely responsible for their own conduct while participating in the event or any part of the event. Guardians are solely responsible for the conduct of any Minors Participating in the event or any part of the event.
By participating in the event in any way, each participant agrees and acknowledges to RX and its event partners (“management”) that they will not, and will not directly or indirectly cause others to, do any of the following “Prohibited Activities” in connection with the event:
(i) interfere with, damage, or engage in any act which disrupts the operation of the event in any way, including but not limited to, obstructing aisles or entrances or exits, running, cutting in line, saving places in lines for others, jumping over barriers or guardrails, using foul language, screaming, yelling, encouraging disruptive behavior from others, disobeying any time limits, directions or prohibitions provided to participant by management’s staff and/or moderators, or preventing any other participant from Participating in the event by any means;
(ii) distribute, wear, transmit, upload, display or otherwise circulate any content which is inaccurate, unlawful, infringing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable to management in management’s sole discretion;
(iii) distribute printed or recorded materials of any kind unless prior written approval has been obtained from management;
(iv) impersonate any other person or entity or perform any similar fraudulent activities;
(v) sell goods or services, display goods or services, make solicitations of any kind, or conduct any commercial activities without the prior written approval of management;
(vi) harvest, collect, or attempt to collect the personal information, email addresses or other contact information of other participants in the event without the consent of such participants;
(vii) defame, harass, abuse, threaten or defraud other participants in the event.
(viii) circumvent, disable, damage, remove or otherwise interfere with the security, integrity, or proper conduct of the event;
(ix) access any unauthorized part of the event designated as only for management use;
(x) access any digital platform associated with the event by means of any robot, spider, scraper, crawler or other automated means for any purpose;
(xi) participate in the event for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, data protection and privacy;
(xii) smoke within the Venue for a live event, which includes, but is not limited to, cigarettes, vape pens, and marijuana;
(xiii) drink or possess alcohol within the venue outside of the specifically designated areas. No one under the age of 21 may consume alcohol within or around the venue;
(xiv) use, sell, possess, or distribute any illegal drugs or other illegal substances, including, but not limited to, any medication that has not been legally obtained, is not being used in its intended dosage or for its intended purpose;
(xv) assault, steal, fight, engage in or incite violence of any kind, including, but not limited to, verbal threats of violence; and
(xvi) possess and/or use any of the following prohibited items in connection with the event:
- a firearm, ammunition, knife, or weapon of any kind
- objects or toys that appear to be firearms, ammunition, knives, or weapons
- self-defense or restraining devices
- fireworks or other explosive or flammable objects
- glass containers
- recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built-in wheels
- strollers which are greater than 31” in width and 52” in length
- folding chairs
- selfie sticks
NOTE: Management has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for weapons of any kind. Event security and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun.
As part of the RX commitment to health and wellness, we’ve implemented guidelines and requirements based on local, state and federal public health guidance, independent advisors and the input of our venue partners to help support a safe and comfortable experience. Every “participant” in any RX event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else who participates should review the details, requirements and links below to better understand what to expect at the event.
DAILY HEALTH MONITORING
All participants must review and confirm they are able to comply with the Health & Safety Acknowledgement below prior to arriving at the event. Anyone who is not feeling well or begins to experience symptoms at any time during the event should contact and follow the guidance of their physician.
Health & Safety Acknowledgement
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including the event. Prior to registering for and attending the event, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending the event, you acknowledge this inherent risk on behalf of yourself and/or any Minor attending the event for which you serve as Guardian (collectively, “You”) and, as a condition of entering the event, You acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- That You will abide by all terms of admission and participation (as may be updated from time to time) and event health-and-safety requirements, all local public health regulations and guidance from the relevant city and/or state which are in effect at the time of entry, and, where applicable, provide proof of compliance with any event entry requirements;
- That You are not currently experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov; and
- That You are not currently infected with COVID-19 and that prior to attending the event You have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without following CDC recommendations.
Please do not enter the event or the event venue if You cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during Your time at the event You do not meet all of the above criteria, You may be asked to leave the venue at the sole discretion of event management.
For purposes of this acknowledgement, a “Minor” means any individual who under eighteen (18) years of age or has not reached the age of majority as defined by such individual’s jurisdiction of residence, and a “Guardian” means such Minor’s parent or legal guardian or other individual attending the Event who is over the age of eighteen (18) and acting in loco parentis for such Minor. Please see the event’s terms of participation to confirm the age requirements for entry.
CLEANING & SANITIZATION
RX has worked closely with our venue partners to ensure that cleaning and sanitization standards meet or exceed the recommendations of public health authorities.
MEDICAL & EMERGENCY SERVICES
Please contact event or venue staff or security in the event you require medical or emergency assistance. Medical services, including emergency medical technicians and a first aid room are available on-site.
Please see the venue website for more information on building rules, operational policies and emergency services.
RX is dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure fully accessible events for people with disabilities. We encourage you to contact the event team at email@example.com for any of your accessibility-related needs.
If you have any questions about accommodations or our ADA polices or would like to provide feedback and suggestions to improve your experience, please reach out to us. Our accessibility team will consider any request from a person with a disability for reasonable modification of our policies, practices, or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
For more information about accessibility at The Venetian Expo & The Venetian including parking, entrances, mobility vehicles, service animals, a designated nursing mother space as well as family restrooms, please see the venue website or contact us at the email address provided above.